Monday, October 03, 2011

Pianist Rudolf Golez and the Manila Symphony Orchestra Explore Facets of Romanticism


October 8, 2011
3:00 PM Matinee
8:00 PM Gala
Philam Life Auditorium
UN Avenue, Manila

Featuring:
Rudolf Golez, piano
Manila Symphony Orchestra
Arturo Molina, conductor

Programme:
Richard Strauss Waltz from Der Rosenkavalier, Op. 59
Franz Liszt Hungarian Fantasy
Johannes Brahms Symphony No. 4 in E minor, Op. 98

The upcoming concert by the Manila Symphony Orchestra entitled Facets of Romanticism is such a treat for me since I like the Romantic era the best. An overwhelming majority of my favorite pieces come from this period. And I almost couldn’t contain myself when it was first announced that they’ll be playing Johannes Brahms’ Symphony No. 4 in E minor, Op. 98. I used to have Brahms’ first symphony as my favorite but since around two years ago, the fourth has taken over its spot.

Pianist Rudolf Golez

Also, the MSO will be joined by pianist Rudolf Golez as he plays Franz Liszt’s Hungarian Fantasy which I’m sure was included in the line up because of the composer’s 200th birth anniversary. I am just so relieved that he is not playing the piano concerto that is so popular that I’ve already seen three performances of it this year. Since I know Rudolf, I would’ve complained to him if ever I would be subjected to listen to a fourth performance of this concerto during this concert. And knowing him, he will complain to me as well if I don’t show up for this concert. And before I forget, the Waltz from Der Rosenkavalier, Op. 59 by Richard Strauss will also be played on this evening as well.

The Manila Symphony Orchestra

The fourth concert of the season will be happening on October 8, 2011 8:00 PM at the Philam Life Auditorium and the orchestra will be conducted by Arturo Molina. As a treat for students and for those who want to learn more about music appreciation, a special, interactive matinee program will be held as well at 3:00 PM on the same day and venue. Excerpts from the programme will be played along with other pieces from the Romantic era.

Ticket prices:
Matinee
     P500 Regular
     P200 Student
Gala
     P1000 Orchestra Center
     P800 Orchestra Side
     P500 Loge 
     50% student discount
     20% senior citizen discount

For inquiries:
MSO Secretariat 567-0684, (0917) 366-2651

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...