Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kimpoy Feliciano Media Conference

Kimpoy Feliciano

Online celebrity Kimpoy Feliciano becoming a recording artist really took me by surprise. In the first place, becoming a celebrity due to one’s online presence is still a very new concept for me which I am still trying to comprehend. But whether I am ready or not for it, I have nothing left to do but to accept that Kimpoy Feliciano has arrived and has actually released his self titled debut album under Universal Records.

I admit that I attended his media conference at Universal Records not only to know more about Kimpoy and his album, but to grasp this recent phenomenon of the online celebrity. What I find really amazing is that I learned that Kimpoy never really sought out to become famous when he started posting online. And I was only able to find one video of him doing a cover version of a song which was clearly done for fun and not to catch the attention of any record label. Most aspiring singers upload covers regularly hoping to snag a record deal. But Kimpoy only did one such video to my knowledge and yet he has already recorded and released an album.

Kimpoy Feliciano’s self titled debut album has six tracks led by the carrier single Ikaw Lang which was originally recorded by Chad Borja. The album also comes with a DVD featuring corresponding music videos of the tracks found in the CD. Kimpoy also got to sing Ikaw Lang during the media conference. He looked very nervous performing live for an audience as he continually shifted his weight from one foot to another throughout the song. And by the end of the song, he really was very relieved that it was over. I think that it’s this attitude that gained Kimpoy legions of fans online.


Kimpoy and his family have been based in New Zealand for around four years now but he’s currently in the country during his summer break until February. I am glad that he still speaks Filipino without any trace of the Kiwi accent unlike some who suddenly develop a foreign accent even though they’ve been abroad for a shorter amount of time than he is. Despite the fame that he has achieved as an online celebrity, he seems to be grounded and a good sport who doesn’t mind poking fun at himself.


Now, I am curious to see how Kimpoy Feliciano’s record will reach out to more listeners beyond his established fanbase. What he has achieved so far has no precedent in the local entertainment industry so it will be very interesting to see how far he can go.

Kimpoy Feliciano’s media conference was presented by Universal Records, Orion Entertainment, Pinoy Magazine and LionhearTV.


Kimpoy Feliciano

Tracks:
1. Right Next to Me
2. I’ll Be Your Hero
3. Ngiti
4. Una at Huling Mamahalin
5. Alipin
6. Ikaw Lang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...