Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo wraps up CCP’s Triple Threats concert series


August 15, 2013, 7:30 PM
Tanghalang Aurelio Tolentino (CCP Little Theater)
CCP Complex
Pasay, Metro Manila

Philippine theater’s Leading Lady, Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo celebrates 35 years as a theater actress when she wraps up the Triple Threats: Leading Men and Women in the Philippine Musical Theater concert series at the Cultural Center of the Philippines’ Tanghalang Aurelio Tolentino (CCP Little Theater) this August 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM.

Menchu started out in 1978 with Repertory Philippines and has worked with other theater groups such as Trumpets, Atlantis Productions, Actor’s Actor Incorporated and New Voice Productions. Just like Audie Gemora, I cannot recall the last time I saw Menchu perform on stage. I missed her recent stints in Resorts World Manila’s The King and I, and also in Atlantis Production’s Nine. But I was able to see her most recent directorial work which was Repertory PhilippinesJekyll and Hyde.

Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo

The artistic and creative team for this concept concert is Menchu’s brother Raymond Lauchengco (Stage Director), Rony Fortich (Musical Director) and John Battalia (Lighting Design).

Seeing Audie Gemora’s I Was Here somewhat gave me an idea what to expect but it is Menchu’s call on how to present her show and it might be totally different from what Audie did. I’ve heard Menchu sing before (although I am very curious to find out what her selection will be) and I have no doubt about her acting capabilities. What interests me most is the amount of dancing she will do in this concert. I guess that I should throw out any expectations, just enjoy the night and see for myself why Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo is considered as Philippine theater’s Leading Lady.


Ticket prices:
P800 Orchestra Center
P600 Orchestra Side
-50% student discount
-20% senior citizen discount

For inquiries:
CCP Box Office 832-3704

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...