Thursday, June 20, 2013

Musical theater concert series at the CCP continues with Audie Gemora


July 5, 2013, 2013, 7:30 PM
Tanghalang Aurelio Tolentino (CCP Little Theater)
CCP Complex
Pasay, Metro Manila

Stage, television and film actor Audie Gemora takes centerstage in the second concert of the Triple Threats: Leading Men and Women of Philippine Musical Theater series on July 5, 2013, 7:30 PM at the Cultural Center of the Philippines’ Tanghalang Aurelio Tolentino (CCP Little Theater).

This concept concert, billed as I Was Here with Audie Gemora boasts of Rony Fortich as its musical director along with John Batalla doing the lighting design. Special guests for this concert include theater actress Sheila Francisco, Sam Concepcion, one of the youngest triple threats in the country and a special surprise guest who has worked with Audie in a musical before.

Audie Gemora

I find it very odd that while I’ve seen Audie Gemora a lot of times for the past few years, I cannot recall the last time I’ve seen him perform live onstage. I failed to see Repertory Philippines' No Way to Treat a Lady and The Sound of Music over at Resorts World Manila. Looking back, the ones that I’ve seen lately involving him were productions that he has directed like Camp Rock and Next Fall for Rep and Noli Me Tangere, The Musical for Tanghalang Pilipino. Thanfkully, his turn in this musical theater concert series is an opportunity for me to see him perform onstage and for him to prove that he belongs to that distinguished breed of performer known as a triple threat (can act, sing and dance).

Nasty weather plagued the opening concert of the series featuring Nonie Buencamino. And it was impossible for me and many others to go to the CCP with the whole of Metro Manila getting flooded. I’ve heard some people ask if Nonie would have a repeat performance. I would also love for him to restage that show again if it is possible. But what I certainly don’t want a repeat of is that horrible weather happening during Audie’s concert. It would be very cool  to arrive at home comfortable, in high spirits and most importantly, dry from the performance and then eventually saying I was there with Audie Gemora.


The Triple Threats: Leading Men and Women of Philippine Musical Theater wraps up this August 15, 2013 with a solo performance by Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo.

Ticket prices:
P800 Orchestra Center
P600 Orchestra Side
-50% student discount
-20% senior citizen discount

For inquiries:
CCP Box Office 832-3704

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...